Fra: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] På vegne af Marc.B
Sendt: 27. juni 2010 14:45
Til: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Emne: Re: [hlds_linux] New Source server takes a random port

Michael,

As far as I know, it don't pick up a random port. It try port + 1 until it
find a free port.
There are other games that work the same way, so I think you should make a
fix on your side since you are not supposed to start a server on a port that
is already used.

Checking if that the port is available using netstat before you launch a
server is the best way, and you can also make a sleep between the server
kill and the server start.

We are hosting about 5.000 and have no issue with this new port management.
We do also reboot most servers in the morning.

Cheers,

Marc.