At 05:27 PM 6/27/2010, Chris wrote:
>Possibly because your servers ran at 33tick, and now they are at 66
>which takes more cpu ?
>
>On 27/06/2010 6:50 AM, Gary Stanley wrote:
> > I am seeing about 30% more usage compared to the old engine. I am
> > having a few pubs running and I am now going to have to reduce the
> > slot counts to compensate for the excessive usage.
> >
> > Profiling shows getdents() is using the most syscall time, compared
> > to others, getdents is actually surpassing nanosleep() when it comes
> > to syscall usage. FWIW getdents is VERY expensive to call over and over.
> >
> > Anyone else seeing this as well?

No. I ran all my previous servers @ 99 tickrate, large slot count,
now with 66 and the same players it consumes about 35% more (baseline analysis)

It's possible the engine is just more expensive. It's also possible
this is just normal, considering it's a 'different' engine.

G. "Monk" Stanley
<gary at summit-servers dot com | gary at DragonflyBSD dot org>
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~gary

"There currently are 7 different ways to get time from a computer.
All of them can't agree on how long a second is supposed to be" -Me