Il 21/07/2010 23:19, Joshua Smith ha scritto:
Hello everyone,

After the update about 1/3 of my l4d2 servers crash on start. I've removed
the addons folder completely, removed the server.cfg and am launching the
game manually on the servers that refuse to start and the output
im receiving is:

[snip]

These are all amd64 debian lenny systems. I've come to the conclusion it
must be that some modified base file is causing the problems due to the fact
that other servers on the same machine are running just fine, however im
completely out of ideas. Has anyone else experienced this behavior? Thanks
for any help!

I have the same system setup you describe but didn't have any trouble with my forks, even sourcemod is running fine. Did you try running an update with -verify_all ?

Seems like lately the steam client has the bad habit of not fully downloading the updates.