I have tried the update as root for the heck of it, and get the same results. I run the network that the server is on, so it would have to be something that the ISP (Level3) blocked I guess. Is there a way I can know which servers / IP addresses it wants to connect to and possibly the ports so that I can try and determine if the ISP blocked something?

Thanks.