Hi,

Hello. Did not really know where I would have to go with my problem,
but I take a chance that anyone here  maybe can help me with my
problem.

As the topic reveals, I get a lot of "hardware interrupts" on my
Debian based server. The problem arises as soon as any of my HLDS
processes use core 0 or 11.

Now I have assigned 10 HLDS installations to core 1-10. But as soon
as I assign HLDS number 11 to core 0 or 11 the  Hardware interrupts
occurs.

This problem occurs even if I dont assign HLDS number 11 to any core,
and run it on auto and as soon as core 0 and 11 grabs process, I get
"hardware interrupts".

My guess, and it is just a guess, is that cores 0 and 11 are being used by default to poll the network cards for packets (see Linux NAPI) rather than waiting for interrupts.

When you put a HLDS process on that core you stop the polling from being fast enough and so interrupts are needed.

Switching back to interrupts is less efficient, but not fatal.