Doing so would put all my concerns to rest. The problem is not that
the game is free, it's that there's no cost involved when getting a
new ID. As long as the person already own games worth a total amount
of $10 (not counting other F2P games such as HL2:DM) or whatever TF2
used to cost on the same account I see no problem.