Hello all.

An update earlier this week contained an adjustment to the scoring bonus we
give to Valve servers for quickplay servers.  There is still a bonus when
inexperienced players are searching.  However, the bonus decreases as they gain
play hours, and it drops to zero at around 20 hours of play time.  (Don't take
the specific numbers too literally, all the details are subject to tweaking, of
course.)

Our goals with these changes are:
* Ensure that new players have the "vanilla" TF2 experience.
* Integrate experienced players into the regular community, help them discover
the diversity, and let them find the experience they want.

Your servers are competing with Valve servers on an equal footing for quickplay
customers.  In fact, my guess --- although I don't really have any data to back
this up --- is that directing the noobs towards the Valve servers actually
gives them a disadvantage.

Your humble servant,
Fletch