There is no need of cl_demoviewoverride. You can make these .dem get loaded
by the replay system. Make a copy of one of your existing .dmx files in
replay/client/replays and open it with notepad. Adjust the values in it for
your new .dem file and you should be able to load it through the replay
system.

2011/7/21 Peter Reinhold <peter_va...@reinhold.dk>

> On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 20:04:56 -0400, Ian Thompson wrote:
>
>  cl_demoviewoverride appears to work. Set it to 1 and load the demo,
>> then close demoui (or demoui2) if it is open. WASD will now work, and
>> the mouse will semi-work, being extremely choppy. I wasn't able to
>> pull up the player list, however kill notifications do display with
>> player names. Text chat (no voice) also displays player join/leave
>> messages and player chats, but I don't think I saw any plugin messages
>> show up in any of my demos.
>>

> Thanks for the help, both of you, lets just hope Valve takes the time to
> look into this, and make replays useable for adminning purposes, as running
> a SourceTV and replays side by side just seems like a waste of resources :)
>

> /Peter

Best regards,
AnAkIn,