I don't know what mods or such AnAkIns runs which might affect how players stay on the server though but i took a little dig to server rep and compared how high or low mine are after reading his message.

The most popular server, that is full all the time, has infact the most lowest reputation. It's also the newest server but the rep is at 11597. So, this means that hardly all players stick in with more than 15 mins, that is the minimum count of getting back those lost 15 points upon user connect. Server crashes play also a big role on this. It's just about little over a month old server that i opened just to server vanilla, quickplay players. While the Valve system that drives players in is a good thing, it's also a bad thing because not all the new players stick in as much thye should.

The other servers i have, had millions of reputation, being older and 2 of them even since the rep system came out. Once players find their favorite server, they stay in and come again, play longer sessions. With quickplay enabled, this is pretty bad if servers get delisted just of being public servants instead of running something bad like fakeplayers and such bad mods or features.

One good thing is that reputation and quickplay assignment isn't even linked that much together.

-ics