I kind of stopped having traffic on this one particular server about a week ago. Before that, it was constantly full (the most newest server i have for TF2). Only noticeable difference is 2 TF2 updates after that time which means Valve changed the system somehow, people got more bored to TF2 at this time or servers below 12 000 rep will receive more traffic than the others. Yes, i know reputation does not affect quickplay that much, different system but i just noticed that. Mine has now 13400 on the new one. Its full from morning to late night so it's still ok, just that it used to have more folks than now. I'm not complaining though.

-ics

10.8.2011 18:35, Tom Grant kirjoitti:
I remember when a restart would get my server to start receive quick play
traffic instantly. I still have no idea why my server just stopped getting
that kind of traffic on 7/20. I do wish we had a few more metrics to go on
to tell how our servers were doing (or give ID's sub 1000 a bonus for being
there at the start :D).

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 9:33 AM,<tylerschw...@gmail.com>  wrote:

It is difficult for Valve to respond when there are so many flaming trolls
on the list.

I have noticed vague similar quick play behavior... Empty server, restart
on same map, server fills up.

May just be that quick play favors servers briefly after they are started?
Give you a chance to fill up, etc.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: Saint K.<sai...@specialattack.net>
Sender: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:19:45
hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Subject: [hlds_linux] Dropping off quickplay&  crashes

Hi,

Does anyone know the cause for a server to "drop off" the quickplay system?

Our servers seem to drop off quite regularly and require a full reboot to
get them back on (a mapchange has no effect).

Also, the crashes are still around (occasionally). Now I don;t really mind
having bugs in software and I understand it takes time to track them down
and fix them, however, a bit more communication regarding this subject from
VALVe side is highly appreciated. We're working around the clock on finding
possible causes for the crashes to find workarounds till things are fixed,
provide as much feedback as possible, minidumps etc. It's not to much to ask
for a mail on the list every few days to give a (small) update on the
matter, is it?

Saint K.