Kinda besides the point of this discussion but I've been always curios why the
big difference in size between the content downloaded by the linux updated tool
compared to the windows one when downloading cstrike. I mean it's not big, but
noticeable. The linux one is around 670 mb and the win ~320. The number of
files downloaded by the linux update tool is almost 5000 against the ~1700 by
the windows one. I did some comparison and noticed that the difference comes
mostly from the extra maps and sounds the linux version downloads. It downloads
all the resources that one would need for playing half life, including the
single player mission maps (the ones starting with c...) and all the sounds
needed for those missions. Maybe I'm missing something but it looks to me as a
waste of bandwidth to download that extra content that a cstrike server
(probably even a half life server) doesn't need for it to run properly. I don't
think it affects performance or