I kind of doubt that I will get an answer here, but I'll shoot anyway.

I play TF2 a lot.

What is the deal with server choke on higher latencies? Does the srcds server client protocol have something like a TCP window, where it chokes back packets until an ack/ping comes back? Yes, I know it's UDP.

I start seeing small bouts of choke between 70-90ms. I notice that when I get larger spurts of data (not unreasonable spurts), it happens more often. However, on servers with lower latency, this choke doesn't happen.

Experts in the field of choke?

--
# Jesse Molina
# Mail = je...@opendreams.net