From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of PAL-18
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 12:17 PM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlds_linux] [TF2] libtier0.so Shared Library Error

The lastest TF2 update released crashes all my servers with the following error:

./srcds_linux: error while loading shared libraries: bin/libtier0.so: cannot
restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

Even if i delete the bin directory and update again, i get that error. I even
thought something else became corrupt so as a test i created a new directory
and ran the update to download everything again - same error occurs.

This error even occurs with Metamod Source/Sourcemod disabled. My TF2 servers
(i host 2) didnt do this error before the update.

Someone on the Steam forums suggest i disable SELinux, but i'd rather not do
that.  I asked others on Steam Forums/Srcds Forums and those using the same OS
also have the same problem.  Anyone have another fix?

Here's my server specs:
Server OS: CentOS 5.6 64 Bit
Processor: DualCore E5300 2.6GHz (Not Hyperthreaded)
Ram: 4GB
Game(s): Team Fortress 2
Start Up Command: screen -A -m -d -S zf TF2-ZF/orangebox/srcds_run -console
-game tf -autoupdate ticrate 66 -pingboost 3 -secure -ip x.x.x.x +port 27015
-sport 26900 +maxplayers 21 +exec server1.cfg Admin Mods: Sourcemod