Deleting the ClientRegistry.blob file in the ~/.steam folder did the trick. Thanks Eric.

On 11/2/2011 1:20 PM, Eric Riemers wrote:
(this is of the list)

But just to double check, is this is a fresh install of your o.s.? Did you
remove the clientregistry in your ~/.steam directory too? I also have a
~/Steam folder in my home folder for instance.. try deleting that too..
(this used to help people) assuming you tried something similar though.

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Russell
Smith
Sent: woensdag 2 november 2011 21:10
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Steam Updater Bug

Is anyone looking into this?  I know I'm not the only one having this issue
as evident by these threads:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=171079
http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2148484

To add to my previous email, the updater isn't creating an orangebox
directory at all, but rather putting tf/bin/hl2 directories in the same
directory as the steam executable (or wherever you point to with the -dir
parameter).  Perhaps with the CSS folder restructuring that went on recently
something got messed up on the TF2 side as well.

There's also no srcds_linux file downloaded, only srcds_amd, srcds_i486, and
srcds_i686.  I'm assuming srcds_linux first appeared with the OB Linux
Dedicated Server and this is why the file isn't being grabbed currently by
the updater.

I downloaded the Windows server file and it seems like everything is
downloading into the appropriate folders.  So, this appears to be a Linux
only issue.

Russell