2011/11/7 s <s.senti...@gmail.com>

> I think the trouble is that as soon as the dedicated servers are released,
> no-steam groups will go out of their way to crack them.
> [...]
> IMO Most of the no-steam stuff will be mitigated by not making the binaries
> available until the games release, fanatics will jump at no-steam if
> there's no legitimate alternative. Piracy is a service issue etc.

In my opinion, dedicated servers should stay. It is better than far-away
hosting, more reliability and if not, control.
Central servers pretty much disables the opportunity to have fun, and to
install 3rd party mods.

Also, on a sider note, have you ever heard about AlterIWNet? Making a
concentrated server is just delaying the inevitable, hackers are always one
step past us.