From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Jesse Molina
Sent: 10. desember 2011 23:50
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Server locking up with 100% cpu usage

Mike Johansen wrote:
> The script is not the problem.
 > Sometimes it starts the server without any
> error, and no, it kills it>  update>  start.

How are you "killing" it, and what are you killing?  Be explicit.  There are
a number of ways to screw up here.

> The logs does not show anything useful either, no errors in anything, just
> black console screen in the server.

How do you know that the CPU is going to 100% is you lose all access to
the host and "logs does not show anything useful"?  sar?  SNMP?

The fact that your entire host goes down seems to indicate a much more
significant problem, like hardware instability.  Are you running your
process in realtime, high prio, or what?  This just does not happen.
Magic does not exist.

There is much that is relevant which you have not told us.

--
# Jesse Molina
# Mail = je...@opendreams.net