Mostly.. I remember a guy who got manually VAC'd for "abusing" the golden
wrench drop times..

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of ics
Sent: 24. desember 2011 12:44
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Cheat Engine & Report

VAC is mostly automated, they don't care about demos or reports.
Reportng a suspected cheater doesn't do anything else than just provides
stats for Valve if the user has been successfully detected by VAC or not,
after multiple reports have been received from the person who has been
cheating. It may also help them to improve VAC. Valve employee on SPUF once
said (J Burton) that reporting helps but did not specify how.

I also have been reporting every cheater caught on every game i run servers
for each time we have banned him. Most cases they are not VAC banned later
on. Only some are. If it's only for stats, it's pretty lame feature.

-ics