SOPA and all the rest are just beginning. Wait 10 years and all the hardware you have has some sort of ID that can be traced or even deactivated remotely.

But scifi aside, punkbuster has some sort of hardwareban thing. It doesn't work that much. VAC could have the same thing but better would be just improve it. Atleast the employment position from Valve website for anticheat engineer has disappeared. Might have found someone.

-ics

25.12.2011 0:12, at...@atouk.com kirjoitti:
Hardware ban?  How would that work, serial numbered and trackable computers?
Just think about that for a second. That would mean EVERYTHING that you do is
trackable, traceable, databaseable, reportable, and searchable.  That's the kind
of power that makes SOPA look like chump change.  Even better, how about
Internet Licences?
Instead of making cheating a user/admin issue, how about making it a developer issue and refusing to buy games that are easily hacked.

On December 24, 2011 at 4:50 PM w...@gamersunited.net.au wrote:

I agree. A hardware ban stings much more and would be a great addition to the
source games.
Sent via BlackBerry® from Vodafone

-----Original Message-----
From: Mart-Jan Reeuwijk<mreeu...@yahoo.com>
Sender: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 11:32:25
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing
list<hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] hlds_linux Digest, Vol 46, Issue 104

Dont agree with banning the credit card, there is no use. Most just buy an
account from some website.

I'd be way more for a system where one could ban their COMPUTER that is used
to cheat. So server admins can ban that. You wont see the hacker back then.
The 5 dollar account that is bought is no counter vs a 500 dollar pc.