We've been having issues with our L4D2 server not showing up under
SteamGroup Servers.  It shows up in the steam server browser, and
users can connect directly, so there's a workaround; but setting up
games without a lobby is a right pain.

At the end of the campaign, it dumps all the players into a lobby with
"official dedicated" server selected under server type.

No custom maps or plugins.   Single, unshared installation.  Ran
-verify_all to see if it would catch anything.  We've made no changes
to our configuration and have had the server continuously operating
correctly as a community server selected in-game for about 3 months
now.

We just started getting the problem shortly before I left for my
vacation on December 20.  The nature of the problem and the timing
leads me to suggest that this is related to the open 3rd party servers
not getting any traffic.

Don't really know how to help diagnose with this one, since it's not
like it's a crash with a precending event.

-Ross

Critical Failure Gaming Network