Look into server console, usually it says something like this:

Connection to Steam servers successful. (this one right after server has started up)
   VAC secure mode is activated.
Connection to Steam servers lost.
   VAC secure mode is activated.
Connection to Steam servers lost.
   VAC secure mode is activated.
Connection to Steam servers lost.
   VAC secure mode is activated.
Connection to Steam servers lost.
Connection to Steam servers lost.
   VAC secure mode is activated.

Whenever VAC secure mode is activated, at the same time server has regained connection, even if it doesn't say it. Also the "disconnected from Steam3" message appears on status output when server is not connected to Steam.

But this bug has nothing to do with servers not being connected to Steam (they are).

-ics