On 18/02/2012 23:14, Mart-Jan Reeuwijk wrote:
Blah.

You really think your the only one with 30/3 mbps?

No, I think exactly the opposite. It must be quite obvious, if you think about it for 30 seconds, that I must be on an ISP with hundreds of thousands of customers with an identical service, no? It's precisely because there are so many that BT isn't really a workable solution.

As for its use on Bittorrent, maybe you should learn more about it, for you
clearly have no idea. And I'm not going to waste a explanation to you about it.
But let me say this: If it was implemented, I think the shell-shock for you
will be 2 months after, when you finally find out that it was the reason why it
was faster since that time. And then you will be blocking outgoing, which will
make you go slower with downloading the content (guess why that is). And then
we hear you again complaining about torrents.

I'm aware of how bittorrent works.

I said in the previous post that, most of the time, Steam saturates my download bandwidth now, so how will your claim that I would get faster downloads than that manifest itself?

What are you going to post as your next idea :, faster than light travel or perpetual motion machines? :D

I think the only exception is Christmas, and most of the problems then were not downloads so much as access to the store and other steam/steamworks features like groups, trading and so on - and even then most of the problems hit at 18:00 uk time for an hour or so (except on the first day when they had a problem for a few hours)

--
Dan