i can also vouch there is no problem with the html link in the motd.
it works fine.
What i wished would get looked into is steam allowing the use of youtube in
the MOTD.
This always causes lag joining the server due to video starting as you
first load the motd.
Even tho there is the option to disable the html on client side, that seems
more or less for the clients that leave it on or off and not change it when
going to 1 server or another.
Some server operators must never join there own servers for testing.
There are better ways to advertise other than playing a video from a 3rd
party site as your trying to join a server. (isn't there already enough
slowing down the client joining a sever without adding animation to the
MOTD ?)

I mention this here in hope that the server operators that run these
servers will read this and take a moment to think about alternative ideas.