Hi!

I've been hosting valve servers since a lot of years both hlds and
srcds, and i loved the old serverbrowser and favourites model.
I'm not saying i don't like the new
"play-on-any-available-server-and-don't-know-where-you-are-actually-playing"
model, it's easier for new players. but, i was wondering if there are
some ways people can add my cs:go server somewhere to find it and play
on it when they want to.

I have set up 'sv_steamgroup' cvar, but i don't see this taking effect.
Left 4 dead had a rolling list of steamgroup servers in the lower part
of the home screen, but i don't see that in CS:Go.

Also, this morning i tried connecting to my server by ip using console
command connect, but it didn't work.

This is the console output:

] connect XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXX
Warning: Self recursive import detected in 'sharedlib.swf'
Import error: GFxResource 'btn-arrow-insert' is not exported from
movie 'sharedlib.swf'
Connecting to public(XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXX) ...
32.949:  Sending UDP connect to public IP XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXX
Server using 'public' lobbies, requiring pw no, lobby id 0
RememberIPAddressForLobby: lobby 0 from address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXX
Grace request retry for unreserved server...
Retrying public(XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXX) ...
32.971:  Sending UDP connect to public IP XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXX
Server using 'public' lobbies, requiring pw no, lobby id 0
RememberIPAddressForLobby: lobby 0 from address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXX
Server approved grace request...
Retrying connection to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXX, server requires lobby
reservation but is unreserved.
Received game details information from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXX...
CGCClientJobStartMatchmaking: Matchmaking timed out talking to ranking
server, it may be down.  Will attempt to matchmake anyway.
[MM] Sending reservation request to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXX
[MM] Sending reservation request to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXX

¿Are there other ways to connect to my server (and make visible to my
friends and community fellows)?

Regards,
Germán