Hi Yun,

this bug is known since it was reported before. Then it was reportedly
fixed by Valve, but it seems there was a regression in later update
that undid the fix and now it's back. Hopefully they'll fix it again
soon. Good of you to mention it again though.

Regards, Ruud

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Yun Huang Yong <gumby_li...@mooh.org> wrote:
> Definitions first:
>   - matching mission: map name = popfile name
>     e.g. mvm_hangtown_v1_3.bsp
>          mvm_hangtown_v1_3.pop
>
>   - non-matching mission: map name != popfile name
>     e.g. mvm_coaltown.bsp
>          mvm_coaltown_sleepy.pop
>
> When transitioning to any *non-matching mission* the popfile is set
> according to tf_mvm_missioncyclefile - correct behaviour.
>
> Once the tf_mvm_popfile has been set by the above when we transition to a
> *matching mission* the tf_mvm_popfile is stuck to the value from the
> previous *non-matching mission*.
>
> Conrete example, given tf_mvm_missioncyclefile:
>
> "tf_mvm_missioncycle.res"
> {
>         "categories" "1"
>         "1"
>         {
>                 "count" "2"
>
>                 "1"
>                 {
>                         "map" "mvm_hangtown_v1_3"
>                         "popfile" "mvm_hangtown_v1_3"
>                 }
>                 "2"
>                 {
>                         "map" "mvm_coaltown"
>                         "popfile" "mvm_coaltown_sleepy"
>                 }
>         }
> }
>
> Going from 1->2 is fine.
> Going from 2->1 results in map=mvm_hangtown_v1_3 but
> tf_mvm_popfile=mvm_coaltown_sleepy.
>
> In case it matters, I am testing this using 'changelevel', not transitioning
> via finishing a mission, though I'm fairly sure the latter results in the
> same symptoms as my servers are constantly getting stuck in the same state
> (which is why I looked into the issue in the first place).
>
> cheers,
> Yun

Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.
  - Floyd Dell