It is possible to unsubscribe yourself, just not via the website, as that
is still inaccessible. Sending an email to *
hlds_linux-leave@list.valvesoftware.**com* should do the trick, according
to http://www.list.org/mailman-member/node14.html (credit to John of
NuclearFallout for mentioning that link a few days ago).

You cannot unsubscribe someone else for fairly obvious reasons (it could be
abused)

As far as I know, they can block people from the list, still, but they
haven't exercised that ability in quite a while.

-Jeff