I solve this by doing:

./srcds_run +ip ${IP} -game tf +exec autoexec_${SERVER}.cfg +mm_pluginsfile addons/metamod/metaplugins_${SERVER}.ini +sm_basepath addons/sourcemod_${SERVER} +map $map

Fake autoexec per server by forcing it to +exec at startup.
autoexec_<server>.cfg sets sv_logsdir to logs_<server>
+mm_pluginsfile contains addons/sourcemod_<server>/bin/sourcemod_mm
+sm_basepath gives each server its own addons/sourcemod_<server> dir

Shared configs from SM plugins that end up in cfg/sourcemod/ can be a minor problem.

Overall it works well enough IME.  Better than having N copies of the game!

I've seen some folks use union filesystems to achieve a similar outcome.