Symlinks are not so bad but I personally use UnionFS mounts in my
multiserver environment.

W dniu 2013-02-21 0:10, Yun Huang Yong
napisał(a):

> Oooh, many thanks. I will rejiggle this with the
SteamPipe changes :)

> FWIW I don't have multiple copies of SM - the
addons/sourcemod_* dirs
> are all internally symlinked to a single
instance of SM. Otherwise
> upgrading would be a royal PITA.
>
> WRT
Andre Müller - there's some 50,000+ game files, symlinking the
> addons
is much simpler, though it requires more config. Not that I'm

symlinking anything by hand but why do it when the configs allow you to

> customise...
>
> Re: SteamCMD, many of the emails sent in the past
24 hours are covered
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD [2], specifically the

Baker wrote:

>> You don't need to use mm_pluginsfile or have separate
SM binaries, just using sm_basepath to load distinct SM "content" and
sharing the binaries (as you are with MM:S anyway) will work just fine
(just make sure you keep them in-sync version wise). On Wed, Feb 20,
2013 at 10:01 PM, Yun Huang Yong <gumby_li...@mooh.org> wrote:

I solve this by doing: ./srcds_run +ip ${IP} -game tf +exec
autoexec_${SERVER}.cfg +mm_pluginsfile
addons/metamod/metaplugins_${SERVER}.ini +sm_basepath
addons/sourcemod_${SERVER} +map $map Fake autoexec per server by forcing
it to +exec at startup. autoexec_<server>.cfg sets sv_logsdir to
logs_<server> +mm_pluginsfile contains
addons/sourcemod_<server>/bin/sourcemod_mm +sm_basepath gives each
server its own addons/sourcemod_<server> dir Shared configs from SM
plugins that end up in cfg/sourcemod/ can be a minor problem. Overall it
works well enough IME. Better than having N copies of the game! I've
seen some folks use union filesystems to achieve a similar outcome. On
21/02/2013 8:28 AM, Ross Bemrose wrote:

> [...]
+servercfgfile option to change the server's config file, just not its
autoexec.cfg. Running from a single install isn't recommended because
they share the logs and cfg directories. cfg is still an issue because
map-specific configs and SourceMod plugin configs are stored there. On
2/20/2013 4:19 PM, Steven Haigh wrote:

> [...]
wondering if SteamPipe will have the ability to have a single install of
TF2 run multiple servers just by specifying a different config file? At
the moment, the only way I've managed to stop hlds tripping over itself
is to have a complete install per server instance - but this is highly
inefficient.... Something like: ./hlds --config ~/configs/server-1.cfg
./hlds --config ~/configs/server-2.cfg This would make running multiple
servers on the same system *MUCH* more admin friendly.... Especially if
they updated automatically without tripping over themselves....

[1]

--

Paweł _"AcidWeb"_ Jastrzębski

XMPP: paw...@vulturis.eu