I don't believe they are expecting any real drastic problems with the core
game, I think most of this beta run is to work out the kinks with
downloading/distributing maps or making sure that configs aren't being
overly trampled. While it makes testing a bit harder - I don't think these
betas will really require 32 people servers stress testing the features in
depth.

If you can get 2-4 people in it, and nothing goes wrong, I assume this is
what they are testing.

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 12:02 PM, lee bailey <lee.bailey....@gmail.com>wrote:

> It would be too much work for a beta that wont last much more than a few
> weeks before being made the official version, those people will have to
> update then anyway.
>
> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 6:54 PM, <spendenanm...@web.de> wrote:
>
> > Downloading the SteamPipe version of the client is very awful. I need to
> > download the beta and can't use the old client anymore. If I want to, I
> > need to unsubscribe from the beta first. Why is there no way to have both
> > side by side?

- Gordon Reynolds