I don't know of many betas where you can keep the items you earn.  This
could be negated by removing drops entirely from beta, and giving
everyone access to one of every weapon and a handful of hats, but I
imagine they want to mirror production as close as possible.  The reward
is knowing how things are going to change so you can develop/configure
things before a feature goes live.

Also, if you have to add "no offense" to a statement, it makes you sound
like a jerk (no offense to jerks) for even completing the sentence.

On 4/4/2013 9:42 AM, CG wrote:
> I understand why they're doing it and for the most part is for the better.
> Doesn't mean I have to like it.  I don't know how many times I've seen
> people ask where their items were from regular TF2 or wish they had their
> regular items.
>
> Fletcher's claim that time you spent in TF2 Beta counts towards time in
> regular TF2 never worked for me at least how I think it's supposed to
> work.  Let's say you spent 10 hours playing in TF2 Beta and get the normal
> variety of drops.  I thought as soon as I fired up regular TF2 I would have
> items waiting in TF2.  This gives no incentive for players in Beta to
> continue.
>
> Let's face it TF2 Beta was always treated like the red headed stepchild (no
> offense to gingers).  It was poorly maintained by Valve prior to SteamPipe
> and shunned by SourceMod with support (understandably).  And from the sound
> of things they will do it again once when they flip the switch to the new
> TF2 Beta.  I hope they do a more sensible thing and reward those that have
> continued to play the game and allow them to keep their weapons,
> hats, misc and just convert them into regular items as I understand it
> would affect Mannconomy.  Plus it wouldn't hurt to give them extra backpack
> space to accomodate said items.  I could just be blowing smoke out of my
> ass since they haven't announced what will happen exactly.
> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 11:27 PM, ics <i...@ics-base.net> wrote:
>
>> When beta was restarted while back (as in, put back into play), there was
>> a note that any of the items may disappear at any time. So those items are
>> void and you cannot bring something valuable from beta to main game.
>> -ics

Jake Forrester
Freelance Web Developer/Designer &
Joomla Enthusiast