screen -AmdS ric ./hlds_run -game ricochet -maxplayers 12 +map rc_arena +ip
66.150.214.212 +port 10101

os:
ubuntu 3.2.0-39-generic

console, with developer 6:
-snip of playerdie events-
PM  Got a NaN velocity 0
PM  Got a NaN velocity 1
PM  Got a NaN velocity 2

mods:
Metamod-P 1.20p36
ricobot_mm_i386 vFeb 14

problem:
My server seems to just crash when there are bots or players in it, and
this is the ONLY error I can see. I have been able to repro this crash with
and without mods loaded, and it only seems to happen on my Ricochet server,
I run a Sven Coop server that has no crashes like this. Sometimes I will
see "NaN velocity 0" multiple times, no more than 3 (from what I can
remember).

I used to have metamod, then I switched to metamod-p, both in order to load
ricobot and only ricobot (no adminmod/etc). It still caused the crash, so
then I unloaded ricobot and metamod. While it took much longer (5 days
instead of 5-90 minutes) to get the same error, the same error was still
found :(

Even with "developer 6" turned on, I get no real information on what could
be causing the crash. I see player_die firing like normal, and then out of
nowhere it will crash with the "NaN velocity" error. My googlefu has turned
up relatively little, and so now I come here asking for the guidance of the
elders.

--
- Gordon Reynolds