From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Ryan Stecker
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 11:25 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] Mandatory TF2 update released

Great, thanks Fletch!
Will definitely be on the lookout for any perf issues with these changes.

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Fletcher Dunn
<fletch...@valvesoftware.com<mailto:fletch...@valvesoftware.com>> wrote:
A note regarding the CPU spikes:

I would encourage server operators to revert any changes made to disable
compression, set all such convars to their default values, and re-evaluate
performance and bandwidth.  I believe that the switch to a realtime compression
library will fix the CPU spikes while getting the reduction in bandwidth that
the compression was intended to  achieve.

The sv_compressfragments convar has been removed.  You can get the same
functionality simply by setting net_compresspackets_minsize to a large value.

You might experiment with net_compresspackets_minsize to see if a larger or
smaller value drastically effects performance and bandwidth.