Happy Friday!

Earlier this week SDK2006 was "upgraded" to Steampipe.  Since then we're
seeing:

SteamStartValidatingUserIDTicket:  Returned ESteamError 25

on our HL2:CTF 2.1 (which was greenlit by the way, woo!)  server, and a
"STEAM validation rejected" in game.  This appears to be happening to some,
but not all players.

I figure it's time to do an update on the server using steamcmd.  There
isn't an explicit AppID that I can see for HL2:CTF but I decided to try
appid 204 (Source Dedicated Server).

Trying to install appid 204 yields "ERROR! Failed to install app '204' (No
subscription)"

./steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../hlds2/ +app_update 204
validate +quit
Redirecting stderr to '/home/hl2ctf/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Success.
ERROR! Failed to install app '204' (No subscription)

This occurs with or without the "validate" option.

If I login to a steam account, I see:

ERROR! Failed to install app '204' (Invalid platform)

I've also read of a client side work around that was used for Blackmesa (
http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showthread.php?p=561205) and it also
includes the steps above, but it ain't working for me.

Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS
Linux aqua 3.2.0-54-generic #82-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 10 20:08:42 UTC 2013
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Oh, I just noticed that 204 is deleted according to
http://steamdb.info/app/204/ but 205 (the win32 version) is still present.

Clues appreciated!

Thanks

foo