There's nothing wrong with the IRC plugins, but I wanted to make something
that could be run independently from the game server and any add-ons.
 Also, the ultimate goal is to add chat message viewing to the CheckValve
app, and to do that, I needed a single protocol with a fixed message format.

    - Dave