Hello everyone,

I have received a lot of feedback regarding the CheckValve app for Android,
and several people have asked for the ability to view the chat messages on
a server.  As a first step toward fulfilling this goal, I have created the
CheckValve Chat Relay, and I'm hoping to find some volunteers to test it
with various games and let me know how it holds up.

The Chat Relay is a Java program which receives log messages from one or
more HLDS/SRCDS servers, filters out the chat messages, and relays those on
to one or more clients.  The Chat Relay is a pretty lightweight program; in
my tests it has used about 9 MB of memory, and CPU usage has been
negligible.  The program itself is platform and OS independent, but
currently I only have working start/stop scripts for Linux, hence why this
has only been sent to hlds_linux.

The Chat Relay is available with a bundled Java Runtime Environment, so if
you don't have Java installed on your system, that's okay.  Please note
that the CheckValve app does not yet support the Chat Relay, but the
downloads below include a stand-alone client which can be used to log chat
messages to a file on any computer (it should work on Windows, Linux, or
Mac, as long as Java is installed).

The Chat Relay can be downloaded here:

https://www.utica.edu/faculty_staff/dparker/checkvalve/downloads.cfm

And I have written some documentation for it here:

https://sites.google.com/site/checkvalveapp/documentation/chatrelay/using-the-chat-relay

Feel free to e-mail me with any questions or comments, at either
dpar...@utica.edu or checkvalve...@gmail.com .

    Thanks,
    Dave Parker

--