This isn't really a big deal.

As I predicted, just about no one uses quickpick. Only 5% of our players
now are from quickplay and 1% use quickpick. I am sure everyone here using
Doctor McKay's plugin can confirm this.

Being the default for play now is too much of an advantage and there's not
enough being done to put community servers on an even playing field with
official servers.