First of all, just wanted to thank the community of server operators/admins
for responding; and bringing-up additional servers for the players trying
to get into the game.

The player response to the release was overwhelming. Who would have thought
that a free Steam game, that is basically a stripped-down "reboot" of an
older OrangeBox mod would be as popular as it was.  It is kind of assume
that player-interest will fade some over the coming week's - but who really
can tell.

At any given time, there seem to be between 800 and 1,700 players in-game
(according to the Steam community hub page).  Just on my own FoF servers
alone, I have seen almost 7,000 unique SteamID's connect/play (based-on
HLStatsX:CE tracking).

Currently, there seem to be plenty of servers on-line for FoF. Although,
anybody is willing to bring one up of course - ESPECIALLY if you actually
play the game.

At this point, what I would like to encourage everyone to take all the
FoF-related discussions *OFF* the HLDS and HLDS_Linux distribution lists.
 I am sure everybody NOT interested in FoF is tired of all the FoF-related
chatter.  Thanks also to them also for putting-up with the extraneous
chatter. I have not seem any negative feedback on that - but let's not
"outstay our welcome".

The official FoF links are:

Official Steam Game Group Page (links to everything else):
http://steamcommunity.com/games/fof

Steam Store Page (where to send people to get the client):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/265630

Steam Game Hub/Community Page:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/265630

Specifically, the "Discussions" part of the game-hub:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/265630/discussions

*** Most importantly ***, the "Server Administration" discussion area
(where we should probably be taking these conversations):
http://steamcommunity.com/app/265630/discussions/6/

PS: I am not the developer of FoF or anything remotely like that.  Just
another server operator who's been at this a while like everybody else here
- and just happened to be a fan of the game (old and new).  The developer
has granted me some access to clean-up the "discussions" area of the
community hub - which has (appropriately?) been like the wild-west - in
terms of people going WAYoff-topic, duplicate discussions or just posting
in the wrong areas..