I'd say they are upset because they did not got a new map to play on. Not
necessarely for snowplow, though valve saying that the map is too complex for
new players was fuel to the flames. However, thats most likely not the only
thing valve people said. When i requested feedback from one of my maps, i got a
good list and explanation on why it wont be ever be to their standards.

There hasnt been any new maps to tf2 from community for a long time and all
official ones, asteroid and cactuscanyon have been just to give something to
play on, even on unfinished stage, so naturally they burst out the frustration
now.

-ics