I recommend glaring at the FOF developers until they realize that the
entire point of having server_srv.so is so that servers can run older GLIBC
versions.

In Valve's own games, server.so is built against GLIBC 2.17, while the
basically identical server_srv.so built against GLIBC 2.12 I think.  Same
with libvstdlib.so and libvstdlib_srv.so.

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 4:03 PM, epi <ow...@tf.heybey.org> wrote:

> While it is possible to upgrade libc in place, there is a very real
> chance that you will break some older software that you are using. If
> you are using Debian oldstable or similarly old versions of other
> distros, there is a chance you will trash your entire system. I wouldn't
> recommend doing it unless FoF is the only thing you are using that
> server for.
>
> This is part of the reason that upgrading to testing from stable tends
> to be such a PITA.
>
> On 12/18/2014 3:28 PM, Paul Gray wrote:
> > On 12/18/2014 02:03 PM, David Parker wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>

> >> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  An upgrade to Debian 8
> ("Jessie")
> >> is planned for some point in the future, but would be a real pain to do
> >> right now.
> >>

> > http://steamcommunity.com/app/265630/discussions/6/619574421276599382/
> >
> > -cedarlug

Ross Bemrose