Seeing as I can't get anyone at Valve to acknowledge via email, I'll report here.
Not really a server issue though.

I note a strange chargin targe is getting its kill counter updated when you do kills with other weapons.

I assume it's not by design. I've got something like 5000 kills on mine now as a result.

IIRC this started around the gun mettle update. At least
that's when I first started noting the messages for reaching milestones popping
up even though I hadn't charged to get a kill.

--
Dan