I've been trying to rig a movable func_tanklaser (parented to physbox) that
appears to shoot through portals. Lasers of course don't pass through, & I was
hoping to somehow detect the incident point relative to a portal, & then
transfer this possibly by teleporting an ent to the linked portal, & finally
spawning a 2nd laser at this ent's origin.

Here's what I've tested & found out:

-I'm able to spawn templates at the origins of freely placed portals by
covering walls with func_portal_detectors & then spawning an env_entity_maker
at the !activator (so I can have any triggers or targets etc wherever i shoot a
portal).

-Fast moving objects fired along the laser like combine balls & small debris
physboxes can't acheive the necessary very high speed for hacking a physical
'traceline' test, plus their impact detection doesn't always work or is
inaccurate (presumably because of their high speed), & testing the !activator
collision of combine balls on a trigger in front of portals doesn't give you an
incident angle (only position because they're point ents or similar).

Any ideas for other possibilities that I could test?