So, I have a question about how I might go about doing something in Hobo,
although it might reflect the fact that I only started learning both Ruby
*and* Rails around a week ago.

I'm working on a project that basically amounts to a recipe book, and I've
figured out for the most part how to do everything I'd like, but there's one
problem I'm not sure how to approach.  I've set up models/controllers for
the following: recipe, ingredient, ingredient_assignments.  They're set up
in the same way that users, tasks, and task_assignments are set up in the
agility tutorial, and I've added an ingredients_editable_by? method to the
Recipe class (I'm not sure why it works that way exactly).  Once I've done
that, everything seems hunky dory and I get that nice little js drop down
box with my recipe ingredients.

What I'd like to do is add a field to the ingredient_assignments model that
lets me specify a quantity (and possibly a unit of measure) for the various
ingredients added, and have it be useable through that nifty little js
thing.  Is there some nice happy hobo-ish way to do this?

--Jorge

PS.  I'm using Rails 2.1 and Hobo 7.99.2

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to