I found hobo a couple of weeks ago and I have to say I am very excited
about its features.  I thought rails was cool, but this is just icing
on the cake.  Anyway, my devel box is running rails 2.1, so I have
been eagerly waiting hobo 0.8 so I could actually try it out.

Last night I got hobo installed and I ran through the 2 minute
tutorial with no problems.  This morning I have been working on the
POD tutorial (again, the hobo features are just too slick).  Anyway, I
ran into some odd differences between the tutorial and my running code
and I wanted to see if anyone else was seeing this or if I need to go
back and run the whold thing again to see where I screwed up.  Note, I
am running rails 2.1.0 on a macbook running leopard.  And I have just
finished Part 2 of the POD tutorial.

First, when I log in as my admin user and try to add a category, it
looks like it should have worked, but then displays a still empty list
of categories (note, when logged in a non-admin user, I do not get the
option to add a category as one would expect).

Second, the list of Categories and Adverts does not show the time
stamps like in the tutorial.

Third and last, when I removed the new action from the Categories
controller, I do not get the new category form on the Catagories list
page (even though I am logged in as admin).

Thank you for such a nifty tool and for any pointers on these issues,

 -J. Simmons
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to