> The first 2 lines are copied from the request password action, but I  
> think they are needed everytime anything is getting emailed. I would  
> like to move this so this is available to all actions. I'll make it  
> thread-safe too then.
> Unless someone has a better idea to handle this? I want to keep it  
> per-request instead of setting it to some default, for applications  
> that are available to the internet but from intranets as well.

Sounds reasonable.

> I changed the respond_to block to not logging in by default, since  
> this would bypass activation.
> Maybe some sane handling code should check if the user signing up is  
> active (or doesn't have state). I can implement this if we agree on  
> it.

I think the user needs a standard method account_active? It's a *very*  
common need. The default implementation could be state == "active",  
but folk can override it.

> Furthermore...
> The activation email is sent before validation is checked and before  
> saving,

Argh! This is on the create step, right? The block should definitely  
run only if and when the create happens successfully. I'll take a look  
this afternoon.

Tom


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to