I ran into something awhile back where using a symbol for a default
value caused this type of behavior - in sqlite at least.  Minor
though.

On Oct 29, 1:11 pm, Matt Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Oct 29, 2009, at 2:56 PM, Bryan Larsen wrote:
>
>
>
> > Hello all,
>
> > I've got a hack fix brewing for bugs 501 and 386.  This is the "hobo
> > wants to create a migration even though nothing has changed" bug.
>
> > I've hacked it for everything I've found in a few of my projects, but
> > I'm sure there's more out there.  To fix it, I need the database type,
> > column type, and the attributes that are causing the problem
>
> > Here's what I've found so far:
>
> > mysql text/string default => ""
>
> This one is nasty - text columns don't actually support a default in  
> MySQL, from what I recall. There's also the further mess of older  
> *patchlevels* of MySQL showing different behavior with regards to  
> this; I had to upgrade from 5.0.27 to 5.0.86 to get the ActiveRecord  
> default value tests (from 2-3-stable) to pass. If you try that, don't  
> forget to reinstall/recompile the mysql gem, as it stays connected to  
> the old client library otherwise.
>
> Another that I'm staring at right now is the mess with getting MySQL  
> to generate mediumtext fields; the Rails docs claim that  
> specifying :limit => 16777215 will do it (that's what's returned for  
> an existing mediumtext field), but the generator keeps trying to set  
> the limit to 2^31-1 instead. It would be great to have either some  
> clarity on this or an extra rich type :mediumtext.
>
> --Matt Jones
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to