Hi Tom, As requested, I have a basic gem up for the permissions module that I extracted out. I know it has some bugs, but feel free to fork away! I didn't upload to gemcutter, as I don't think it is really appropriate for me to do so. You guys are the maintainers of Hobo, so the best idea I think is to have you fork my project, update as necessary (its not ready for primetime, but I'm working on it), and then you can push it to gemcutter using your own naming convention (I just guessed something like hobo-permissions for the gem name, but however you'd like). I don't know how long I'll be able to maintain what I have, so having it in the control of the main guys is probably best. I tried installing the gem on my server yesterday as per my instructions (git clone, gem install --local ...) and it worked like a charm, so I know the gemspec stuff is all setup correctly.
I would be fine with maintaining it for now at least while I get tests in there and some doc, but let me know what you'd feel most comfortable. I envision that I'd eventually hand over the reins to one of you in the near future though :) Without further ado: http://github.com/harmon/hobo-permissions Fork, Patch, and Pull-Request away! PS: Let me know if the LICENSE stuff is acceptable. I'm not a lawyer, but seemed pretty straightforward. Regards, Adam -- Adam Grant Lead Web Engineer Telaeris, Inc. [email protected] On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Adam Grant <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi Tom, > > I can definitely look into that for you guys. I haven't checked out the > tests yet, but the actual code seems pretty self contained now. > > I will let you know hopefully by the end of the week, since I will have > some time. > > Regards, > Adam > > > On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 3:03 AM, Tom Locke <[email protected]> wrote: > >> >> Adam >> >> I must admit that I was thinking along the same lines as Matt that >> this would be quite difficult to extract. Great news that it wasn't >> that hard. >> >> Would you be willing to package it up as its own plugin? Actually a >> gem would be better these days. >> >> Our intent is to break hobo up into a suite of plugins that can be >> used separately if desired. >> >> Tom >> >> --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "Hobo Users" group. >> To post to this group, send email to [email protected] >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to >> [email protected]<hobousers%[email protected]> >> For more options, visit this group at >> http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en >> -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- >> >> > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo Users" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=.
