I'm going to consider the matter settled: the real miz3, with timeout = -1, was
not weakened by John & Freek.   They did not desire to restrict the miz3 "by"
to small inference leaps.   Arguing that the default timeout of 1 is an
intentional weakness has a certainly logical correctness, but it's like saying
beer companies intentionally weaken their beer, because in its default state, a
beer bottle is useless, and requires a special tool (bottle opener) to obtain
value from it.

Up to almost 3600 lines of miz3 Hilbert axiomatic geometry
http://www.math.northwestern.edu/~richter/RichterHOL-LightMiz3HilbertAxiomGeometry.tar.gz
just finished Euclid's Proposition I.16 the Exterior Angle thm.

--
Best,
Bill