Cancel this question.

I see the "file exists” is on purpose in the source code:

  fun print_theories_as_tex_doc names path =
   let val {dir, file} = Path.splitDirFile path
       val dir = if Path.isAbsolute path orelse !emitTeXDir = "" then
                   dir
                 else
                   Path.concat(!emitTeXDir, dir)
       val filename = Path.concat(dir, tex_suffix file)
       val _ = not (FileSys.access (filename, [])) orelse
                 (TextIO.output(TextIO.stdErr,
                    "File " ^ path ^ " already exists.\n");
                  failwith "File exists”)

meanwhile I can use OS.FileSys.remove () to delete old files before calling
EmitTeX.print_theories_as_tex_doc () as I want. So there’s no issue at all.

Regards,

Chun