In 1983, using LCF_LSM, Mike verified his computer with the comment “The entire
specification and verification described here took several months, but this
includes some extending and debugging of LCF_LSM … it would take me two to four
weeks to do another similar exercise now. The complete proof requires several
hours CPU time on a 2 megabyte Vax/750.”

Jeff Joyce verified several versions of this computer (which he called
Tamarack) using HOL. Do any of these proofs still run? I wonder how long it
takes now?

Larry