From: Curtis Villamizar [mailto:cur...@occnc.com]
Sent: lundi 10 octobre 2011 23:35
To: Pascal Thubert (pthubert)
Cc: Ole Troan; homenet@ietf.org; Erik Nordmark (nordmark)
Subject: Re: [homenet] Multilink subnet routing (MLSRv2)

In message
<bdf2740c082f6942820d95baeb9e1a841c6...@xmb-ams-108.cisco.com>
"Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" writes:

> Hi Ole:
>
> I think you're getting closer and closer to the models that were
> discussed in RPL, 6LoWPAN and Autoconf.
>
> There are several components to the solution that was proposed there:
> - capability to register an IPv6 address using ND extensions
> - capability to extend a subnet over multiple hops (RPL DIO prefix
> option)
> - capability to redistribute ND registration into  the MLSN routing
> protocol
> - capability to use the ND registrar (and/or) the routing protocol for

> DAD
> - capability for the registrar to proxy ND over a backbone in order to

> interact with classical ND clients
>
> See:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5889
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thubert-6lowpan-backbone-router
>
> cheers,
>
> Pascal

IMHO - Any attempts to use ND Proxy masquerading as a light weight
routing protocol are doomed.  Failing to deal with the problems of loops
in the topology and multiple attachments to the provider will just push
the problem from protocol definition to customer support (when the
customer's network doesn't work).

It is better to get it 100% right in protocol definition, than 90% right
with the other 10% going to support calls.

Curtis