> Right now clients don't pick the best one--they just pick one pretty much at
> random.  But yes, if you have two DHCP servers providing different
> information, you need to resolve that.   We would have to write a spec to
> handle this—it's not handled in the existing protocol.

We need to be aware that not every network may be able to reach the
Internet... So you might need to have an address from every available
DHCP server, not just the "best," one, or even a "random," one.

For instance, your computer might talk to the power company, but the
power company doesn't want to transit your internet traffic. I'm not
saying this is a certainty, only that we need to think about it somehow.

:-)

Russ